Monday, August 18, 2008

Your tax dollars to work!

Say "thanks again" to Frank Pallone - you may soon be licking the back of a stamp commemorating inflammatory bowel disease! No bullshit, pardon the lame pun.


H.R.6753
Title: To provide for the issuance of a commemorative
postage stamp on the subject of inflammatory bowel disease.
Sponsor: Rep Pallone, Frank, Jr. [NJ-6] (introduced 7/31/2008) Cosponsors (None)
Latest Major Action: 7/31/2008 Referred to House committee.
Status: Referred to the House Committee on Oversight and Government Reform.


Now I get it, I'm not a total clod, Crohn's disease is a real disease, but do we need a stamp to commemorate it? What is the cost to mass produce such a stamp anyhow? And do I pay that cost when I try to mail something and pay more for a single stamp or do I pay for that cost when I pay my taxes? Silly, I know, but then even if I had, or knew someone who had, Crohn's disease, I'd like to think that my congressman either does nothing or comes up with something better than a stamp to help out.

Regardless, once again, way to go Frank, glad to see you working so hard and staying focused on the important issues. I suppose you finished helping out those Lyme disease protestors? If not, maybe you can get them a stamp next? I'm sure that nothing would help people suffering from Lyme disease more than to see a stamp so get to it! The clock is a ticking... those gas prices, polluted rivers, polluted oceans, foreign wars, etc, etc, etc can all wait - this is what we sent you to DC to do!

P.S. - NOTE THOSE UNDERLINES! Learned that trick this weekend as well! Underlining words makes a "hidden" and "secret" message!

No comments: