Tuesday, October 14, 2008

China made Chocolate?

It seems that CNN is reporting that China will soon be making those delicious Hershey chocolates we love and enjoy.  I could be mistaken, but I believe I recently read about a China dairy issue imagine that, isn't chocolate something like a dairy product? huh.

High unemployment levels, an unstable stock market, nationalization of our banks, bailouts...  F-ing DOOMED.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.... stop with the handouts in this country. Enough of the bailouts. Enough of the Farm Tax Subsidies. Is your bank failing, good, beat it, let the banks that have better management fight and work to survive. Are you a farmer with a poor family? Find some people on the unemployment line to work on your farm.  I've driven many miles around this once great nation and there are thousands upon thousands of miles of unused farm land along the roads I've driven. It's time to put that land to good use, put people to work and make them work. 

Enough handouts already. Don't have healthcare, get a job that offers heathcare. Don't have a job that offers healthcare, negotiate with your employer or find a better job. I'm tired of people thinking they are entitled to everything anyone else has. We're all created equal, it's up to you, and you alone, to get ahead in life from there. In the meantime, I urge you to check the "country of origin" on not just the toys you purchase this holiday season, but the food you purchase as well. Sad.

As a side note, the Branchport Creek over here in Long Branch is still polluted. It's been polluted for 2 years and a few months with no solution in sight and a congressman, Frank Pallone, who made a great speech about the problem (after 2 years of silence) and then disappeared again. Can we outsource horse racing to China, they don't seem to mind pollution over there and I'm sure they'd find a place to store that horse manure... like in a Hershey's Chocolate bar. Gross.

No comments: