Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'm Concerned - Why the Growing "Law Enforcement" Need?

The FBI is looking for 850 new field agents and a total of 2100 new hires. Add in those threats from Mr. Obama that we'll have a Civilian National Security Force then throw in that US Army Brigade that is to be deployed here in the US, then add in that this Leon Panetta fellow will be the CIA director despite having no qualifications or experience in intelligence operations which leaves doubt as to his ability to ensure the CIA doesn't violate the rights of US citizens and finally consider those anti-gun laws that the Dems are always trying to force down upon us little people and I have to wonder, just what is our elected government preparing for that we need so many new "law" enforcement agents and military power and We The People shouldn't be able to defend ourselves or protect our private property? Not to mention stories like this out of the Bronx that seem to show just how above the law our tax dollar paid for police have become over the past several years. 

I'm really not a believer in any of the conspiracy theories, but I do often wonder why all indicators point towards a growing/full-blown police state and, more importantly, an unarmed populous.

The founding fathers knew the importance of allowing the general population to be protected from a corrupt government (or other corrupt citizens, such as "law enforcement officers") when they drafted the Second Amendment.  I don't have answers, but I sure would like to know why the FBI needs 2100 more agent and why I should be paying their salaries to have my rights infringed upon like those folks from the Bronx. Our jails are already overcrowded and our court system is already over burdened. Just like when the whole 5th grade class failed the math test, I don't think the problem was the students, the problem was the test. Call me optimistic, but I don't believe we have THAT many "bad" people in this country that 1 in 100, or more, is in prison or jail. The test, the law, is more than likely the problem.

No comments: