Thursday, February 26, 2009

Iowa Guard ends urban war exercise amid outcry

The story is here.

The Iowa Army National Guard has dropped plans for urban warfare training in the western Iowa town of Arcadia after being deluged by nearly 100 e-mails and phone calls from gun-rights advocates nationwide.

Hrm. Since when is 100 emails is all it takes for the government to back down on plans that We the People don't like?  Maybe 100 of us can send an email about our income taxes? Property taxes? Foreign Aid? Foreign Wars? Bailouts? FEMA? BRAC? Fat, Racist Al Sharpton?

Call me a tin-foil hat wearing loon, but I do believe that if we continue down the road that the federal government is leading us, then martial law is coming. I do believe that this is the government preparing for martial law. I do believe that this is a way to condition Americans in accepting martial law. I do believe this is how Obama and his Congress plan to find and remove all legally owned firearms from law-abiding citizens, your 2nd Amendment. I do believe this is another best effort to destroy the 3rd Amendment. I do believe that this is an effort to destroy your 4th Amendment rights. Your 5th, 6th and 7th Amendment rights will be eliminated because being a gun-owner, you must be guilty of something. Your 8th Amendment rights will be gone as you are dragged away never to be seen again. In fact, the more I think about it, this story sounds like something I read about in Germany once.

I'll say it again. I have nothing to hide. I don't hide behind any anonymous identities online. I don't hide where I live, work or play and I don't hide my opinions or beliefs. I WILL NOT permit anyone who represents the government to search my home for anything, especially in the name of "training". Need a place to train? Don't close Ft. Monmouth and go train on fort property that you stole my tax dollars to pay to build.

No comments: