Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Private Property, Yeah Sure....

7/10/11

Those of you following me or part of my Google+ Circles will have seen the results from my "little" Vegetable garden... which measures about 35ftx35ftand is full of Tomators, Cucumbers, Peppers, Green Beans and some basil and parsely and such ... and i have my little fruit trees (apples, pears, figs, plums, peaches, nectarines) .. and I'm going to add grape vines next year too....

Anyhow, I'm very proud of my little garden and fruit trees and enjoy digging in the dirt and growing my own fruits and veggies and I don't use any pesticides or fertilizers or growth hormones or anything on them so I can pretend they are better for me than the store purchased stuff.

And knowing my own enjoyment and pleasure with this process, I'm am just ANGRY beyond words over this story of a Michigan woman facing jail time for using her own property, her front lawn, for her garden.


7/8/11

I should note: I've been trying to convince my girlfriend to let me cut down a boring old tree that sits in the middle of my front yard so that I can plant even more tomatoes there, but she'll have none of that and wants her grass. My puppy agrees, grass and shade is the life.

No comments: