Saturday, August 27, 2011

Some Last Minute Supplies

With Hurricane Irene making it's way, I took a nice drive, with the convertible top down, to the supply store to get a few more things. Got there and the place was boarded up, but open, and others were stocking up on some last minute items too.




I found a few last minute supplies left on the shelves...
Like these raft building materials. I figure I can tie them together with some 550 cord and make a flotation device...


I also wanted to make sure that I would be safe from any flying debris.
So I grabbed some armor.



In case any more branches come down, I thought this might be good to have handy.


A good off-road vehicle seemed to be worth grabbing as well.


If my vehicle runs out of gas, I thought having a horse handy would be a good thing too.


And if my horse should run away, I figured some logical self-powered mode of transportation was ideal to have.


And I didn't want to get my pants wet if I had to walk in knee deep water, so a change of clothes was a must.





Hopefully I have all of the right supplies and am well prepared. Good luck friends and neighbors! There are reports of DANGEROUSLY HIGH WATER LEVELS that could splil over at any time!

No comments: