Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Assemblywoman Bonnie Watson Coleman Should be Fired For Incompetence

For all of the times I've heard someone scream and yell "there should be a law for that!", I've yet to hear someone explain that there should be a law that requires our elected officials to have some measure of basic competence about the laws and issues they are legislating.

Yesterday, I took the time to listen to the NJ State Assembly Committee hearing regarding A588 - Prohibits possession of ammunition capable of penetrating body armor. I don't know why I would have ASSuMEd this, but I always ASSuMEd that it was intelligent people who were actively working to restrict our Second Amendment Rights in a methodical and well thought out plan that they honestly believed aided in public safety.

But have a listen and wait for Democrat Assemblywoman Bonnie Watson Coleman (District 15) to open her mouth right around the 13:50 mark.

http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/MEDIA/OLS_MEDIA_PLAYER.HTM?wma=!{A}http://rmserver.njleg.state.nj.us/internet/2012/ALP/0130-0200PM-M0-1.wma!

Here are some quotes:
  "This bill here only deals with the bullets it doesn't deal with the gun"
Call me crazy, since I know you already do, but there is a distinct difference between a "bullet" and "loaded ammunition", ie - the "bullet" is one component in loaded ammunition. I suppose the easy breakdown would be bullet, case, primer, ignition (powder). It seems important for someone to inform Ms. Watson as to the components of ammunition if she's going to vote on legislation concerning the topic.

"Is there more than one kind of gun that shoots this armor piercing bullet?" ... "are those guns legal?"
Again, either ignorance or incompetence, I can't tell which.

"can you legally own one of those type of guns that would shoot body piercing ummm [yes] in this state? why is that?"
Body piercing?? Maybe Ms. Watson forgot that she agreed to upon the Constitution of the United States of America, including the Second Amendment. Again, the incompetence level is mind-blowing.

"I don't understand the need for body piercing armor under any circum gun umm any ammunition under any circumstances."

"I support the legislation that would make these bullets illegal to posses"

Ms Watson doesn't even know what a bullet is. She should ask her two sons, I'm sure those convicted criminals know.

And of course, body piercing ammunition is already banned. 

It should also be explained to Ms. Watson that there are several levels of body armor, and that armor is also available, legally, to the general public. I'd explain but it's been done before -- I suggest this link -- http://bulletproofme.com/Quick_Answers.shtml -- and order your own vest while you're there, they are a great company to deal with and I give them a glowing recommendation as a customer.

And if I may offer this dumbed down analogy for Ms. Watson....

I propose a bill that would ban allow the Attorney General to ban gasoline of any octane which he deems could be used in a vehicle that can speed and kill pedestrians.

It's not so different from the magazine capacity limits -- for example: I propose a bill that would limit fuel tank capacity to 2 gallons. This capacity restriction would prevent environmental disaster and minimize fire hazards should a fuel tank rupture in an accident. It would also discourage high speed/long distance police chases as criminals wouldn't be able to get very far on 2 gallons of gasoline. Law abiding folks could simply reload their fuel tank more often.

In any case, after listening to Ms. Watson for 2 minutes, she clearly should be fired from her job for incompetence. "There should be a law!" that requires some basic understanding and competence test of the issues being voted upon by those voting.

In any case, the bill is dead for now, but Ms. Watson should still resign from this committee, be removed from this committee by it's chairman and members, or prohibited from future firearms related votes until she posses at least a basic understanding of firearms, ammunition and the Constitution of the United States of America.

I offer Ms. Watson a guest pass to the shooting range and I'll provide the LEGAL ammunition and firearms for you to shoot and learn about, call me -- the link to call me is on the left there -- to schedule a date and time that works for you. Tootles.





No comments: